For the past 27 years, I have successfully taught thousands of students from 18 months to 70 years old the life skill of swimming. I provide a straightforward, no-nonsense approach that time and time again provides a 100% success ratio, regardless of age.
I use a method that has been perfected by my mentor, Tom. Since 1957, Tom has taught over 93,000 students around the world the life skill of swimming.
When not teaching, I spend my time combining my passions for travel and triathlon. I have had the opportunity to travel to some amazing places around the world, and at times, even race at these locations.
- American Red Cross – Water Safety Instructor
- American Heart Association – CPR (Adult, Child, Infant)
- American Heart Association – First Aid
- PADI – SCUBA certified
- 2017 – Strait of Gibraltar, UltraSwim; Spain to Morroco (12 miles – 5th Place)
- 2017 – Paramount Ranch Trail Run (30k – 9th Place)
- 2017 – Islas Formigas – Medes, UltraSwim; Costa Brava, Spain (16 miles – 2nd Place)
- 2015 – Paramount Ranch Trail Marathon; Malibu (26 miles – 9th Place)
- 2015 – Kilimanjaro Stage Run; Tanzania (166 miles – 3rd Place)
- 2014 – Javallina Jundred Desert Ultra Marathon; Arizona (100 km)
- 2014 – Leona Divide Ultra Marathon (50 miles)
- 2014 – Avalon Ultra Trail Marathon; Catalina (50 miles)
- 2013 – Catalina Eco-Marathon (26 miles)
- 2013 – Ironman 70.3 Vineman; Napa, CA
- 2013 – Ironman Los Cabos; Baja Mexico
- 2013 – Coast Ride: SF to Santa Monica (480 miles)
- 2012 – SM Bay Swim Challenge: 5 miles (2nd Place)
- 2012 – Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon
- 2012 – Los Angeles Marathon
- 2012 – Coast Ride: SF to Santa Monica (480 miles)
- 2011 – Ironman Cozumel, Mexico
- 2011 – SM Bay Swim Challenge: 2.5 miles
- 2011 – Coast Ride: SF to Santa Monica (480 miles)
- 2010 – SM Bay Swim Challenge: 5 miles (2nd Place)
- 2010 – Los Angeles Marathon
- 2009 – Ironman New Zealand
- 2009 – Coast Ride: SF to Santa Monica (480 miles)
- 2008 – Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon
- 2007 – Ironman 70.3; Phuket, Thailand
- 2007 – Ironman 70.3 World Championships; Clearwater Florida
- 2007 – Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon
- 2007 – Ironman 70.3; Pucon, Chile
- 2007 – Xterra Off-Road Triathlon; Cordoba, Argentina
- 2006 – Grand Canyon; Rim-to-Rim trail run (21 miles)
Brian, as usual, you have worked your magic. Thanks so much and see you next summer. – Jackie F.
I am so impressed with your teaching method, the kids really enjoyed being in the water and your method is so effective I could hardly believe my eyes. I would love to do a refresher course with both kids for the next couple of summers. Thank you again for all of your hard work and dedication to what you do. – JP.
Hi Brian. Just a note to tell you once again how utterly amazing our experience was with your swim class. You have such a way with the kids and made the whole thing so fun to watch. We look forward to continuing with you next summer. – Leslie L.
I just wanted to say thank you again for the swim lessons this summer! You are an incredible teacher and I feel like Owen is learning a lot. We look forward to a refresher in the future, and eventually bringing our daughter Violet. – Hathaway P.